Sunday, April 19, 2009

In comparison



Which of these 3 covers do you like the most? When I first saw the latest cover, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. I mean, why Liya Kebede and Natalia Vodionova, again? The title says Faces of the Moment so I was expecting newer crops of models like Karlie Kloss, Toni Garrn and Sigrid Agren. But then again this is US Vogue so of course they're going for girls with a safer bet (ie. those who can sell the magazine). In this cover, there's only 4 models who actually never appear on the US Vogue cover before- Natasha Poly, Jourdan Dunn, Anna Jagodzinska and Lara Stone. Both Liya and Natalia appeared on the models' September 2004 issue while Raquel and Caroline appeared on the May 2007 issue. So, back to the topic, my choice would be the May 2007 issue because true to the title, World's Next Top Models, all 10 cover girls are established models at that moment and still are now. As for the latest issue, it's really a mix of the past, present and future. And, what do I have to say about the Sept 2004 issue, well, all of them are really iconic by now, even those that haven't reach the status is already a very well known model. I just hope that US Vogue won't be doing this kind of cover once in a while. Why don't do it annually and please, please, please feature models on the cover. This is the only Vogue that does not put models on the cover frequently and I wonder why....(sales figure, perharps?)

(images from tfs)

1 comment:

ryder said...

i prefer the first one.