Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Dutch and The American

I have just concluded my own Top 10 newcomers list. But, I can't help myself from thinking that this season, we have seen a lot more models from the Netherlands and America. That leads me to my personal favourite from this two countries- Nimue Smit and Karlie Kloss.
Karlie exploded onto the scene after being Calvin Klein exclusive and since then had graced numerous campaigns, covers and editorials. US Vogue couldn't agree better, they had been featuring Karlie in every single editorial lately. For the record, Karlie had 3 different editorials in the November issue of US Vogue. Nimue, on the other hand, had this cutesy look, very girlish and fairytale-like. But that hadn't stop her from being featured regularly for Italian Vogue. She was double exclusive for Prada and Miu Miu for Spring 2009 and was booked for the same season campaign for Prada.
Both girls are only 17 this year. Karlie started during the Spring Summer 2008 season while Nimue on 2009. Both girls are on the rise now and there's no stopping them. They just keep getting better!

(images from style.com and models.com)

No comments: