Sunday, June 21, 2009

In the room




New fall ads are starting to come out one by one. Among the earliest is the Givenchy ad. I just noticed some Fall ads that kind-of look alike to me. The setting-models sitting or standing around in a room- that is. Of course, the mood of each ads differ, Givenchy presents a wicked darker ad while Dolce & Gabbanna gives me a feeling that they're continuing where they left off from their Spring campaign with a different cast this time around while maintaining their favorite Maria Carla Boscono. I kept thinking what an odd cast - Edita and Heidi Mount replacing Karlie Kloss and Caroline Trentini- but I must say that this time, it works better. The best Dolce & Gabbana casting for me is when they combine Jessica Stam, Lily Donaldson and Gemma Ward for their SS2008 campaign followed closely by the next Fall 2008 ad. D&G to me is more an "outdoor"ad if you look at their past ad campaigns and it usually involves a lot of models. But for Fall 2009, D&G surprisingly was set in a library like room which showcases all the outfits clearly with the models standing or sitting looking straight into the camera. Funny enough, I thought this look like a family potrait maybe from the Victorian age.

(all pics from tfs @ MissMagAddict,FashionPower and MyNameIs)

No comments: