Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Is this your LV?

I have been quite bored with the past seasons' LV campaign with Madonna and Scarlett Johansson. It is a pleasant news that Lara Stone is replacing Madonna for the Spring Summer 2010 campaign.
But, by the image of it, I think, this is a good shot from Steven Meisel with Lara, but, for a Louis Vuitton ad campaign? I doubt it serves the brand. LV is such a luxurious brand, that a model lying on the grass with the "it" bag is just so totally wrong.


Like many have debated on tFS, this looks more like a Vogue Italia editorial than a LV campaign.
I have to agree too. If in turn, this is a VI cover and editorial, I would have applaud it but this is not, it is a LV campaign.
However, I would welcome Lara as the new campaign girl- no matter how not suitable this campaign is-she is better than Madonna-fashion wise.

(pic from models.com)

No comments: